Hey! I just wanted to share with you three easy recipes that I tried today, perfect for those who are constantly trying to stick on a healthy diet like me.
I got inspired by a video on YouTube and tweaked these recipes to fit the pantry availability here in my country (Philippines).
These are all surprisingly tasty veggie-packed meals, especially the dinner, so if you want to give it a try, go for it and make sure to leave a comment in this post. I would love to hear some feedbacks.
These are beginner-friendly recipes, too, meaning it would just need some chopping, boiling, and stir-frying here and there and nothing more complex than that.
As for the calories, each meal has more or less 300 kcal.
Now, without further ado— on to the food stuff!
- 1 boiled egg (pre-boil 3 pieces)
- Tofu and vegetable stir-fry
Ingredients and procedure:1. Fry/sauté in olive oil (1 teaspoon) tofu (8 small cubes) with garlic (1 clove, minced).
2. Add carrot (1/2, julienne) and cabbage (1/4, shredded). Sauté for about a minute.
3. Put water (2 tablespoons) and cover until all vegetables are cooked (about 6-8 minutes).
4. Uncover and add soy sauce mix (1 teaspoon soy sauce + 1 teaspoon sugar) and black pepper.
5. Stir to combine. Serve.
- 1 boiled egg
- Veggie curry
Ingredients and procedure:1. Sauté in olive oil (1 teaspoon) the garlic (1 clove, minced), tomato (1 medium, chopped), curry powder (1/4 teaspoon), chili powder, salt and pepper (just to taste). Stir fry for 1 minute.
2. Add lemon juice (1 teaspoon) and cabbage (1/8, shredded). Cook until wilted. Sprinkle with parsley (fresh or dried, finely chopped).
3. Transfer to a plate and top with a boiled egg cut into halves.
- 1 boiled egg
- Potato salad with carrots and pineapple
2. Add the pineapple chunks (1 tablespoon), carrots (1/3, boiled, cubed), and potatoes (1, boiled, cubed). You can add raisins or cheese, too. Spread and mix with the mayonnaise evenly until all-covered.
3. Top with parsley (fresh or dried, finely chopped) and adjust taste to liking (with salt and/or sugar).
And that’s it. Effortless cooking and healthy eating. I will try to make more posts like this to force myself to eat healthier from time to time and of course to inspire others, as well, and give ideas.
Anyway, that’s the post for today. Keep safe everyone!
— Angelou A.
Rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering, persevere in prayer.
Romans 12:12 NRSV